Select this option if you would like to earn CEUs from this webinar. This may involve a quiz at the end of the webinar. You will not be allowed to fast-forward.
Select this option if you would like to watch the webinar and not obtain CEUs.
In arid and semi-arid climates, proper irrigation is critical for the successful management of turfgrass.
This webinar focuses on:
- Common turfgrass species used in California
- Irrigation requirements
- Strategies for various turfgrass species
- Irrigation optimization and troubleshooting
1. Basic information about turfgrass and their management (Turfgrass 101).
2. Water use requirements and irrigation requirements for the major turfgrass species in Southern California.
3. Irrigation troubleshooting and performing an irrigation audit.
University of California, Riverside
Dr. Mingying Xiang is a postdoctoral scholar from the University of California, Riverside, and her research focuses on water conservation and salinity management in turfgrass and other landscape systems. She received a Ph.D. in Horticulture from Kansas State University. In Kansas, her research focused on reducing turfgrass management inputs. She also led a collaborative study with researchers from nine other universities to evaluate unique zoysiagrass genotypes for disease resistance. Before joining Kansas State University, she worked on salinity tolerance of turfgrass during her M.S. in Horticulture at Oklahoma State University.