Earn CEUs: $45 Add to Cart
Select this option if you would like to earn CEUs from this webinar. This may involve a quiz at the end of the webinar. You will not be allowed to fast-forward.
Webinar Only: $35 Add to Cart
Select this option if you would like to watch the webinar and not obtain CEUs.
As California's population and temperatures continue to grow, so does the likelihood of devastating wildfires. Join Douglas Kent, author of Firescaping, as he highlights the essential qualities of a protected property. Doug will be focusing on roads, structures, defensible space, and plants.
- The problem in California
- Critical to fleeing and fighting
- Current problems
- The attributes of a good road
- Firebrands are more likely to consume a structure than flames
- Essential qualities of a fire-hardened structure
- This is where the law carries the greatest weight
- First 5 feet
- To 30 feet
- Outlying areas
- Knowing characteristics is more important than knowing plant lists
- Fire retardant plants
- Fire resistant plants
- Maintenance is more important than plant type
1. Be able to list and prioritize the 5 aspects of fire protection.
2. Be able to identify critical areas of concern and recommend strategies for protection.
3. Be able to discuss the attributes that make a plant more or less flammable.
ORDER NOW:Earn CEUs Webinar Only
Author of the best selling book on property protection in the U.S. (Firescaping), Kent has been working to create fire-protected communities since 1993. He has worked with high-risk communities throughout the state and been on the frontlines of many wildfires. He is also author of 6 other horticultural books, over 50 articles, and has helped lead 4 statewide education campaigns. Kent has taught at the California Polytechnic University, Pomona, since 2008. He is seasoned, professional and impassioned and his presentations are dynamic, educational and inspiring.